If your DP750 won't, or doesn't appear to, provision, then there could be a few things causing this. The most common is caused by routers overriding the provisioning server address, via DHCP option 66. We won't go into the nitty-gritty of this feature, but the headlines is that it stops the auto-provisioning from working.
Unfortunately, Grandstream enables this feature by default, so if you don't want/need it, you need to manually turn it off and that is what this guide is for. We will assume that you have already registered your DP720 handsets to the DP750 base station and that the DP750 is connected to the local network and has access to the internet.
- Using the DP720 handset, go to 'Menu', then 'Settings', then 'Status'. Scroll through the list until you see an entry called "IP Address". Make a note of this IP address (it will look something like 192.168.xxx.xxx, although it may vary). If there is no IP address, then the DP750 has no network access. Please check your local network and the network connection to the DP750.
- On a PC/Mac which is on the same network as the DP750, open a web browser and in the address bar, type in the IP address and press enter. You should be presented by a login screen for the DP750 (see below)
You log in with the username 'Admin' and the Password 'Admin'. If the login fails, then it indicates that the details have been changed, which means the base station has previously been provisioned. If in doubt, then please contact us.
- Once logged in, go to 'Maintenance', then 'Provisioning'
- Look in the list of options for 'Allow DHCP Option 43 and Option 66 to Override Server'. Once found, change the option to 'No'. If 'Allow DHCP Option 120 to Override SIP Server' is set to 'Yes', then also change this to 'No'. Once done, click on 'Save and Apply' at the bottom.
- Now the settings have been changed, power off the DP750 unit and then restart it, This will cause the unit to reboot and attempt to provision again. If the change was successful, the device should contact us, obtain the latest firmware (if applicable) and provision itself accordingly.
If after following this guide you are still having problems and suspect the DP750 is not provisioning, then please call us on 08003101010 for further assistance.