Please follow this guide to set up your DP750 base station and associated DP720 handsets for use. This guide is for users who have purchased their phones from ourselves only.
For the sake of the guide, we will be using 1x DP750 and 1x DP720. The DP750 supports up to 5 DP720 handsets, so if you are setting up more, the process is the same, but you need to repeat certain steps for each of the DP720 handsets.
Before starting setting up the DP750, you need to ensure that the device is set up and configured on the self-care portal. If you do not have access to the self-care portal, then please advise us which extension(s) you want to be configured on the devices and we will get this done for you. If you have access, then please follow the below steps to configure the device on the PBX...
- Login to self-care (https://portal.numbergroup.com) as normal.
- Click on "Luna PBX" at the top.
- Click on 'Handsets'.
- This page shows all the devices linked to your account. They are sorted by device MAC address. If this is the 1st device you have obtained from us, it will likely be the only device listed on the left. Select it by clicking on the MAC address on the left-hand side, which will then populate the settings section in the middle of the screen. If you have multiple handsets and you are unsure which is which, select each in turn, and look at the top 'Details' box. In there. there is a "Handset Type" box, which explains what device the MAC is related to.
You can give the device a 'User-Friendly' name in the 'Name' box.
- Below this, at the bottom of the screen is the "Lines" section. This is where you configure the handsets with the extension(s) you want to be allocated to them. Each handset represents one "Line". In each case, enable the handset, and using the right hand most drop-down list, select the extension you want to be configured on that DP720 device. Repeat for each line you have available.
- Once done, click on the save at the bottom.
Once that has been done, you are ready to start on the installation of the device itself...
- Unpack both the DP750 and DP720 handsets, ideally locating them where they will ultimately need to be. Please bear in mind the maximum internal/external ranges of the devices when locating them.
- Plugin the DP720's charging cradle, put the batteries into the handset and place the phone the charging cradle. You should see the screen turn on. If not, press and hold the power button until the handset turns on, and then place the phone into the charging cradle.
- Plugin a network cable into the RJ45 Network Port on the back of the DP750, ensuring that this enables the device to have free access to the internet. If your local switch supports PoE (Power over Ethernet), the device will get its power from this and boot up. If you do not have a PoE switch, then plug in the Micro USB charging cable and plug this into the "Power" port on the back of the DP750.
- We now need to register the DP720 handsets to the DP750 base station. Push and hold the Radio/Page button for 7 seconds. This will put the base station into pairing mode. You will know it is in pairing mode as radio Icon on the top of the DP750 will start to blink. Once done, go to your DP720 handset, and do the following...
- Press the 'Menu' button (the top left softkey) to open the main menu
- Using the arrow keys, move the cursor to the 'Settings' icon (it looks like a gear) and select it using the select soft key
- Navigate to 'Registration' and select it using the soft key
- Navigate to 'Register' and select it using the soft key. It is essential that the radio icon is still blinking when you do this.
- Select 'Base1' using the soft key
- The phone will then search for local DP750 stations and will display the base stations' unique code when it has been located.
- Press the 'Subscribe' soft key on the DP720 to register the handset to the base station. The phone will display a message 'Easy Pairing'; on the screen and play an audible beep once successfully completed.
You will need to complete these steps for each DP720 you have.
- Assuming all has gone correctly, the handset should now show the extension details you configured in the portal in the screen. You should now be able to make and receive calls on the DP720.
The system has been designed to be "plug-and-play" however, there are certain things we cannot overcome automatically from our side and these things can directly affect or stop the provisioning process. While we cannot go over all the possible issues that can occur, we can cover the most common things that we have found can occur. Please follow the below links based on the issues you are experiencing...
The device doesn't appear to provision - Click Here
The handset doesn't work - Click Here